The Measurement, Learning & Evaluation Project
MLE Website Redirect
You have been redirected here from the Measurement, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) Project’s website, which is no longer available. Scroll down to access MLE publications, success stories, survey tools, and request evaluation data.
The Measurement, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) Project was the evaluation component of the Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (URHI), a multi-country program in India, Kenya, Nigeria and Senegal that aimed to improve the health of the urban poor between 2010 and 2015. The goal of the MLE project was to promote evidence-based decision-making in the design of integrated family planning and reproductive health interventions for the URHI.
MLE Program Design & Study Tools
MLE’s evaluation of the URHI identified reproductive health needs of the urban poor. Quasi-experimental longitudinal & repeat cross-sectional design was designed to show impact:
- Across cities
- Over time and
- Among the urban poor
MLE Study Tools provided evidence-based findings to inform and improve the design of integrated FP/RH interventions.
- Individual surveys with women and men informed how fertility desires and FP behaviors change over time.
- Facility-level surveys revealed the availability of FP methods and quality of services.
- Cost analyses identified effective interventions that use resources efficiently.
Relevant Resources & Tools
The work of MLE showed the importance of measuring impact evaluation through each stage of a program. Increased evidence on effective interventions forms the foundation for better policymaking and program design, as it creates an understanding of the difference between what happened with the program and what would have happened without it. The MLE Resources and Tools below can be used to design a more effective urban family planning program.
- Request data from the evaluation of the Urban RH Initiative on the CPC Data Portal.
- Review the survey tools and questionnaires on the MLE Dataverse.
- Access MLE and URHI publications on this POPLINE® search.
- Read MLE success stories on the TCI website or see MLE’s end of project report.
- See additional urban reproductive health resources using this POPLINE® search.
- Learn about data visualization with MLE’s Data Visualization Training Packages, available in English and French.