Attention, calling all SuperSTARS!!
TCI staff are the backbone of TCI, providing essential support to cities, states, counties, districts and each other. You are essential to the success of TCI. To honor staff excellence, we would like to give you the opportunity to celebrate your colleagues in a meaningful way and staff will be recognized for their contributions.
The SuperSTAR staff awards will recognize nominated staff members who go above and beyond their duties to contribute to TCI’s success, who possesses excellent leadership skills, knows how to tell a great story or embodies that “business unusual” spirit. Recognizing excellence is a proven way to motivate staff, encourage great performance and spark innovation. And it can be fun!
The ten awards will be given out during the Annual Meeting. All award winners will receive an engraved SuperSTAR plaque.
- Nominee must have be a TCI Staff member for at least six consecutive months.
- Nominee must be in a position lower than the executive (Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Project Director).
- Nominee may not have received this award within the previous year.
- You must submit your nomination and include a citation that is no longer than 200 words
- You can nominate as many people as you like. You can even nominate across hubs.
- You can nominate staff from both global and hub.
- Submit your nomination
- Nominations must be submitted by June 14, 2019
- In 200 words or less, write a citation explaining why you are nominating your colleague that clearly showcases the nominee’s contribution and why it is important to our work (Highlight successes, challenges, and learnings). Nominations must include a photograph of the individual. Ideally the photo should show the nominee representing TCI’s tenets (meeting with local leader, working on a 72-hour makeover, coaching).
Criteria for Judging
Each hub will nominate 1 person who will judge this competition.
- Citations (30%): The citation/nomination should make a compelling case as to how the individual being nominated is furthering the tenets of TCI.
- Number of Citations (50%)
- Nominee demonstrates leadership (5%)
- Nominee has contributed above and beyond the call of duty to the success of and implementation of TCI (10%)
- Nominee goes above and beyond expectations through creative problem-solving (5%)
We will use an online platform for an easy application process.
- An International Judging Group will be comprised of one person from each hub and one person from TCI Global. We will ask each hub to nominate an individual for the judging process. This individual will not be allowed to participate in the competition nor will they provide any information on the competition to a member of their hub or outside of their hub.
- Once the competition closes, Judges will be assigned a select number of citations to review and will submit their scores and feedback.
- All judging will be anonymous.
- Judges will base their feedback and scores based on the judging criteria above.
- The ten awards will be given out during the Annual Meeting. All award winners will receive an engraved SuperSTAR plaque.