Adolescent & Youth Sexual & Reproductive Health Toolkit Essentials
The AYSRH Essentials are a set of cross-cutting components that should be considered in all adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health programs. These components include:
- Knowing your audience and acknowledging their differences
- Ensuring a rights-based approach in which young people’s sexual and reproductive rights are viewed as human rights
- Meaningfully engaging youth affected by the program in its design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Taking into account the complex needs of urban young people and collaborating across sectors with potentially new partners to ensure the needs are met
- Using data to inform program design, continually monitor implementation and make improvements and learn from successes and failures.
Please access these approaches from the box to the right.