TCI UniversityAbout the Global Community of Practice
What’s a Community of Practice (CoP)?
A community of practice is a group of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do, and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly. CoP members may interact online and/or face-to-face.
TCI’s Global CoP
Once you register with TCI University, you will become a member of TCI Global CoP. This online space connects TCI hub staff, managers, implementers and other experts working in urban reproductive health, providing opportunities for real-time social learning, help with challenges, access to expertise, networking opportunities and knowledge sharing to:
- Learn more about TCI’s four-stage process
- Promote a mindset of continuous learning, exchange, networking and reflection
- Facilitate the rapid scale-up of proven family planning interventions
- Convert knowledge into practice
Through this space, we will offer additional opportunities for continuous learning, such as webinars, expert-led discussions and facilitated group discussions. The CoP will only be as beneficial as you seek to engage. So, we encourage you to post your own comments and start the conversation!
Regional groups like East Africa, Francophone West Africa, India and Nigeria are private groups for members to discuss regionally specific topics with hub staff, managers, and implementers from those locales. These groups may find having their own space valuable for sharing:
- Information about coaching
- Updates on national policy changes
- Discussions about improving the TCI process and overcoming challenges to implementation
- Local adaptation tips