TCI Global Toolkit: Coaching
The Challenge Initiative (TCI)’s approach to coaching adds an innovation that is unique to TCI: a locally owned and implemented model of coaching with a systematic yet flexible process to bring about long-term, sustainable transformation.
TCI’s coaching approach aims to help cities achieve increased commitment, capacity, decision-making and action by stakeholders in TCI geographies through:
- Large-scale dissemination, adaptation and application of proven family planning and adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health interventions and tools
- Exponential expansion of accessible, high quality and sustainable family planning services that reach underserved urban populations
The following lessons outline the literature supporting coaching as a capacity strengthening methodology, outline TCI’s unique nine-step approach and provide examples of coaching best practices from TCI master coaches and exercises on how to strengthen the skills needed.
Program Area Content
Overview 1 Quiz
0% Complete 0/1 Steps
Other Program Areas
The following resources informed the development of these lessons:
- Co-Active’s Coaching Fundamentals course, November 2019
- JHU’s Office of Executive Education, Essentials of Leadership Coaching, September 2020 course
- TCI’s Coaching Technical Brief and Coaching Implementation Guide
- ZFF’s Coaching Workbook